Terms and Conditions: HIPAA (the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) is a federal law that protects the privacy of patient health information. We take HIPAA compliance seriously and are committed to protecting the privacy of patients’ information as required by law.
By using this website, you agree to the following terms and conditions regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information:
1. We collect personal information such as name, email address, medical history, or other identifying information from patients through our website.
2. We use this information to provide services to our patients, such as scheduling appointments, providing medical advice and treatments, and sending appointment reminders.
3. We take all reasonable measures to protect the confidentiality of this information, including encryption, secure storage, and access restrictions.
4. We do not sell or share patient information with any third parties without your explicit consent.
5. We may disclose patient information as required by law or in the event of a medical emergency. By using this website, you agree to abide by these terms and conditions. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.
We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of our patients’ information. We understand and adhere to the requirements of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) when it comes to the collection, use, and disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI).
We collect a variety of information from our patients through our website. This includes, but is not limited to, name, email address, medical history, and other identifying information. We use this information for the purposes of providing medical care, communication with patients, and billing.
We take measures to protect the security of our patients’ information. We use encryption and other means of protecting data in transit and at rest. Access to our patients’ information is restricted to authorized personnel only. We have safeguards in place to ensure that unauthorized persons are not able to access or use our patients’ information. We also have periodic security reviews to ensure that our systems and processes remain compliant with HIPAA.
We will only use or disclose PHI for purposes permitted by HIPAA and for the purposes for which it was collected. We also provide our patients with the right to access, correct, amend, and/or delete their PHI, as well as the right to obtain a copy of their PHI. If you have any questions or concerns about our privacy and security practices, please contact us.
Notice of Privacy Practices THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY.
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. Connecticut Leo Clinic (“we” or “our”) is required by law to maintain the privacy of your health information. This Notice of Privacy Practices (“Notice”) describes how we may use and disclose protected health information (“PHI”) about you to carry out treatment, payment, and health care operations and for other specified purposes that are permitted or required by law.
We are required to provide you with this Notice of our legal duties and privacy practices with respect to PHI. We are also required to abide by the terms of this Notice. We reserve the right to change our practices and to make the new provisions effective for all PHI that we maintain.
Under this Notice, we may use and disclose PHI about you for a variety of purposes. Some of the uses and disclosures will require your written authorization. Other uses and disclosures will be permitted or required by law.
We may use and disclose PHI about you for the following purposes:
• To provide treatment: We may use and disclose PHI about you for treatment purposes. Treatment includes the coordination and management of your health care and related services by one or more health care providers.
• To obtain payment: We may use and disclose PHI about you to obtain payment for services provided to you by us.
• To conduct health care operations: We may use and disclose PHI about you for our health care operations. Health care operations include activities such as quality assessment and improvement activities, auditing functions, and customer service.
• To provide you with appointment reminders: We may use and disclose PHI about you to provide you with appointment reminders.
• To create de-identified health information:
We may create de-identified health information from PHI about you by removing all information that could be used to identify you.
• To comply with the law: We may use and disclose PHI about you as required by law.
• For public health activities: We may disclose PHI about you for public health activities.
• For research purposes: We may use and disclose PHI about you for research purposes.
• To notify family members and others: We may use and disclose PHI about you to notify your family members and others about your location, general condition, or death. You have certain rights with respect to PHI about you. These rights include the right to:
• Request restrictions: You have the right to request restrictions on certain uses and disclosures of PHI about you. We are not required to agree to your request for restrictions.
• Receive confidential communications by alternative means or at alternative locations:
You have the right to request that we communicate with you about PHI about you by alternative means or at alternative locations.
• Inspect and copy PHI: You have the right to inspect and copy PHI about you.
• Amend PHI: You have the right to request that we amend PHI about you.
• Receive an accounting of disclosures: You have the right to receive an accounting of certain disclosures of PHI about you.
• Obtain a paper copy of this Notice: You have the right to obtain a paper copy of this Notice.
Please contact us if you have questions about this Notice or if you would like to exercise any of the rights described in this Notice. Our contact information is provided at the end of this Notice.
Address: 602 New Britain Ave, Hartford, CT 06106
Telephone Number: 860-249-0975
Email: [email protected]
If you believe your privacy rights have been violated, you may file a complaint with us or with the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services. To file a complaint with us, please contact us at the address or telephone number listed at the end of this Notice. All complaints must be in writing. We will not retaliate against you for filing a complaint.